About the Carousel
About the Band Organ
About America's Carousels
* Operated by volunteers
* 68 horses, 2 chariots
* Built 1914 by Philadelphia
INDToboggan Company (PTC33)
* At Minnesota State Fair 75 years
* Rescued from auction in 1988
* Named for benefactor G.L. Cafesjian
New schedule... We will be open every day, May 1 through Labor Day! Until now, we have been closed most Mondays. We're excited to expand our schedule to accommodate families who are in the park on Mondays.
Another change: Our Free Days are moving to holidays, beginning with Memorial Day (May 30). See our schedule.
P.S. Our expanded schedule means we need more volunteers!
Volunteer with us... If you enjoy this beautiful carousel, spirited music, and happy riders, you'll love volunteering with us. Join the men and women who operate the carousel, sell tickets, work at the gift shop, or provide other skills including office assistance and promotional help. Find out more.
Like us on Facebook... and get updates, events, interesting facts, photos, and more. Facebook.com/cafcarousel
Our book and CD are great gifts!
* State Fair Carousel, Saving a Minnesota Treasure. Enjoy our book about the 100-year history of Cafesjian's Carousel and the community effort that saved it from auction in 1988 and keeps it spinning. Order online.
* By Special Arrangement. A new CD of 32 artfully arranged tunes played by our band organ. Order online.
See our visual tour and a video
/Get Directions from Google Maps
Cafesjian's Carousel from St Paul Communications Services on Vimeo.
This site is maintained by Our Fair Carousel, Inc.,
not-for-profit owner and operator of Cafesjian's Carousel,
1245 Midway Parkway, St. Paul, Minnesota 55103; 651-489-4628
Created and maintained by Nancy Peterson. Last updated 4/27/2016.